Since it opened in May 1954, St. Luke’s Hospital in Rathgar, Dublin, has been caring for cancer patients from all over Ireland. The hospital is a dedicated world class leader in cancer treatment, patient care, research and education and continuously striving for excellence and the needs of patients and their families.
The works Hollyfort Services undertook included a 1500sqm laboratory development located in a wooded area in the hospital grounds. The new laboratory unit included staff work stations, clinical work area’s and a canteen. The site location on a busy patient / public road running through the hospital grounds proved difficult for access for materials and a safety strategy was put in place to protect staff and patients. The project was delivered safely and and within time frame guidelines.